Monday, May 04, 2009

Happy Birthday to our Dad!

Ross b-day

In the last little while, I've taken to referring to my husband as "dad". He isn't my dad, but it's just easier that way -

"go ask dad"

"dad - come here"

"dad - will you help us"

It makes communication in a household with a two year old much easier. We mutually agreed when we got married that we would never use cutesy names with each other and in 6 years, we haven't. He's always been Ross to me and I've always been Annie to him. No honey, babe, darlin', dear or any of that other stupid stuff that we hear people refer to their significant others as.

However, "dad" may be crossing the line a bit.

Regardless - today is his birthday.

And the Monkey and I love him very much and are very happy that he is our dad - and a mighty good one at that. I don't know what we'd do without him!

We LoVe YoU!

Happy Birthday!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails