Wednesday, May 27, 2009

2 weeks

2 weeks - after the doctor's

Today was the Squirts two week doctors appointment (one day late of course).

The Stats:
weight: 9 lb 10 oz. (90th percentile)
height: 21.5 in. (90th percentile)
head: no idea but it's in the 50th percentile

My little squirt is doing awesome. He's drinking 4 oz. bottles every 3 hours or so and is sleeping great. He is my little zen baby. We are so lucky and so blessed. In fact, he's even sleeping great at night. For example, last night he drank a bottle (in the car in the parking lot at best buy) at 8:30. We got home from some errands, put him to bed and he woke up at 3:00 am. Can you beleive that? Awesome (knock on wood).

He is very alert and happy and content. He laughs in his sleep, and just gazes at people, when of course he's awake. I really did pray almost every day for 39 weeks and 3 days for a calm baby, not a screamer, and got my wish. This little guy is just such a blessing and a joy.

So is the two year old mind you. He's coming around on the big brother thing - that makes me SO HAPPY!

Yesterday was my first day alone as a mother of two. I survived. The boys survived. Minus some panic and chaos at lunchtime and the fact that I'm fighting the same headache I've had since Sunday afternoon, we did awesome. I was so proud of all three of us yesterday. When our dad got home, I did ask for a 15 minute repreave (an opportunity to "rest my eyes") before starting dinner.

I got my 15 minutes.

and an additional 45.

oops!

I had my 2 week check-up today, too. All systems go.

I can drive.

Still cannot lift anything heavier than my baby and cannot vacuum. But it's good.

In fact,

my doctor,

told me (after complimenting his handiwork and my beautiful scar)

that I heal so well

I ought to have a third child.

WHAT?

Um....

no thanks!

I think?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails