Sunday, May 03, 2009

May 12 cannot come soon enough

37 and 5 ankles

My toes are numb.

My feet are swollen.

If I put on real shoes (not flip flops) they swell out and over the tops of my shoes. It's awful and ugly and squishy.

The swelling has come a little bit later than with the Monkey, but it's worse this time around. Think oompa-loompa.

Sleep is almost out of the question - because it's evasive and when I lay down to sleep the contents of my stomach try to get back out. And, trying to get back to sleep with restless legs, a husband who snores so loud it's bound to wake the neighbors and a little boy who coughs in his sleep is nearly impossible. So I've decided to spend my nights (generally Midnight to 4 am) in the basement watching movies. Good thing that Grease was on VH1 the other night - it saved me from crying out of total exhaustion.

I'm freezing my boys out of the house. All the windows are open, the heat is off, and it's a race for the blankets at night.

I cannot stand up straight, or sit for too long.

The funny thing is - it's all worth it. In a few short days (even though i tried to talk my doctor into a c-section a week early than we've already decided) I get to meet the little squirt.

And love him.

and hold him.

and smell his little baby head.

And figure out what to name him (we're still taking suggestions - we haven't got a clue what to name the kid).

Oh, I'm so excited.

And so are my feet. I cannot wait to see my ankles again.

1 comment:

Codi said...

I'm so sorry about your swelling and lack of sleep - but I am loving your comforter I see in the picture!

Can't wait to see your little guy!

****sending hugs and strong lung wishes!!!*****

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails