Tuesday, May 19, 2009

One Week - the agony and the ecstasy

IMGP4278

It's been one week. Life is good, but overwhelming. I start crying every night around bedtime for no real know reason. My mom says meltdowns cleanse the soul - if that's the case, then I'm completely pure.

The Agony

My dad has an upper respiratory infection. He's been sick for weeks now. My mom has "para" flu and has been sicker than she's ever been in her entire life. My sister was 'reprimanded' at work yesterday and treated like a 12 year old. Two weeks ago Ross took Elliott to the doctor and he had an ear infection. We faithfully administered the antibiotics until, well, you know we had a new baby one week ago today and the end of the antibiotics sort of went by the way side.

IMGP4259

On Sunday night, the cough and fever came back. Ross took the Monkey to the doctor yesterday morning. The ear infection never went away. No better, no worse, but still there. That explained the cough and the high fever. We got a stronger drug for the boy and went about our day.

The boy was exhausted last night and asleep by 9 pm. In fact, both my boys were asleep by 9 - how about that? At 9:30 Elliott started coughing a terrible gut wrenching cough - and that severe of a cough in a little guy leads to one thing - puke! Luckily Ross got him into the bathroom. The puking and crying and coughing led to the most severe fever and cough ever.

meant one thing.

Croup!

Crap!

In my hormonal rampaging I freaked out. We called the pediatrician - she said that if we couldn't get the boy to drink (which we couldn't) then we needed to take him to the emergency room.

Long story short - Ross and Elliott were gone from 11-2:30 in the morning. They went to two emergency rooms. Once they finally saw a doctor, the doctor did nothing. They came home.

At 2:30, Elliott still hadn't had anything to drink. Ross proposed shaved ice. Not only did he stop crying, but he ate his entire grape shaved ice, drank a full glass of water, and by 3:30 am he was finally asleep. As soon as I went to bed at 4:00, baby Wyatt woke up.

I got to bed at 5:30 this morning. The sun was coming up and the birds were chirping. Everyone in our house was awake by 8 am.

So tired.

Today though, things are better. My sweet boy has a cough, a slight fever and a raspy voice, but is doing better.


The Ecstasy

IMGP4253
I am in love with my new baby boy.
He is calm and content and smiles and laughs in his sleep. He only woke up twice last night. Can you believe that? A one week old baby that almost sleeps through the night. Crazy and heaven at the same time.

This new little guy is the most cuddly boy in the universe. He loves to be wrapped in blankets and snuggle and be held. I love it too. I find myself holding him all the day, because he just fits on my shoulder so nicely. And, holding him all night, because I cannot get enough of the little cuddle bunny.

Dad and big brother are doing well, too. They are so helpful. The Monkey loves his new baby. He is still a bit hesitant around him, and doesn't really want to touch him, but is very concerned when he cries, loves to see him awake, and always wants to shove a binker in his mouth.

My baby is struggling a bit with his new role as big brother, but minus biting uncle MeMe last Friday when we came home from the hospital, he's doing really well. He sings, "baby Wyatt is my brother" all day long and always wants to check on the baby and make sure he's okay. It's just about the sweetest thing I've ever seen.

Recovery from c-section number two has been a breeze compared to number one. I can move about well, no real pain, and even though I cannot lift anything more than 10 lbs, and can't drive for another week, I am happy shocked and amazed at how well I feel. Still need the happy pills, especially first thing in the morning, but minus the fact that my feet are maintaining their swollen status of a week ago, I'm moving in the direction of healing....and there isn't a better direction than that.

IMGP4263

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails