Tuesday, May 26, 2009

sneaky sneaky

Over the weekend my dingleberry stopped working. I've had a love/hate relationship with my dear almost 2 year old phone, but it's still pretty much my life line.

No home phone.

Just cell phones.

On Saturday, the e-mail stopped updating. That's happened before but is still quite frustrating.

Then my voice mail stopped working. Also okay because too many people leave me messages. Really, too many. Maybe if I answered the phone every now and then it wouldn't be a problem, but too many messages.

Regardless I wasn't getting any.

On Sunday the whole thing seemed to be on it's last leg - the Internet wasn't really working and the phone functionality basically stopped.

Yesterday, I couldn't call out. I could still text, but that was it.

My family had to call Ross on his phone.

I complained, and complained and complained.

Ross told me he would either "take my phone to work" leaving me phoneless for a day to try and figure it out or that we "could go tomorrow" meaning today to the At and t store to get it fixed.

Then it was my birthday party.

He got me a new phone.

An iphone.

Extrememly hipster and cool (also potentially acne, nerdy, and geek after seeing an iphone clad group at the training table for dinner last night who probably shouldn't have such neato phones, if you know what i mean).

I was shocked. And happy - for a new phone (and this one at that).

Now? I fit in with all my friends.

For an extra hundred dollars a month.

If only I new how to use it.

HELP?

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I am reading about me and my stupid phone! I have had a call into OIT since last Wed. and I am so frustrated. Do I hear you!

Bing Math said...

Um . . . are you sure you want to call that a dingleberry? I thought this post was going to have an entirely different meaning when I read the first lines.

Erin @ Two More Seconds said...

sweeeeet! you'll love it.

one word: apps! apps apps apps. i am addicted. so many good ones that are free. and so many that i've paid for and are a BARGAIN considering how much i've used (played) them.

prepare to become addicted. i am and its not pretty! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails