Monday, May 11, 2009

Sitting, Waiting, Hoping, Wishing



Tomorrow is the day. If you would have asked me last week if I would make it (mentally, physically, emotionally) to this place right now I would have burst into tears and offered you some crazy words in the language of blubbering.

Today? Today is awesome. Today is so much closer to tomorrow than yesterday was. Or two weeks ago. Or September when I was wearing crazy pressure point wristbands pleading with my stomach to play nice.

Tomorrow I become a mother of 2. Two boys mind you.

The boy that is already mine; whom I love so much I can hardly stand it and when he gives me hugs these days and lets me sing him songs at nap time makes me cry.

And they boy who will be mine. Can you believe I get to be the mom (heaven help me!) to another one. Another chubby, squishy, adorable, bald baby boy.

Who will look just like his dad.

Who will pee on me.

And puke on me.

and smile at me.

A little over two years ago I was nervous and tense and a tad bit crazy about becoming a mom - and how that little baby would enter the world. And then when he was sick, I nearly lost my mind. My mom told me nothing makes you tougher than being a mom (and leaving your little squishy baby at the hospital and you go home without him) and she was right.

This time around? I know what to expect on all fronts and can hardly wait. I've been doing the math and Elliott was born 15 days early - leaving the hospital on the afternoon of his 10th day of life. Schnitzel has had the benefit of 10 extra cooking days and will be arriving 5 days early. I'm so hoping, as I think the rest of my family is, that those 10 days do the trick. That this boy can breathe and cry and do it all by his little self.

So, wish us luck.

And send good name vibes our way. We still don't have one for the little guy and aren't really pleased with Elliott's top three name choices, as seen in the following video.



Update: just got my phone call from the hosptial (9:40 am): my time for tomorrow sucks a bit, but it's 12:30 pm.

3 comments:

Codi said...

Every thing will be great! You've done such a great job keeping that little guy in and I can't imagine how rough it's been. Just one more sleep though and you've all made it!

We'll be thinking of you guys and anxiously awaiting an update - love to you and your fam of four!!

Michele said...

I am sending warm wishes your way! I'm excited for you to be in the home stretch of this pregnancy. I remember that feeling all to well. Post pictures of the new little guy as soon as your able!

Rika said...

Thinking of you and excited you will meet your newest boy. I will be checking the blog for news and hopefully pics....

Best wishes.
Rika

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails