Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Addiction

When I found out I had the bedes there were no more coca cola classics for me. I had to quit cold turkey. It sucked! I occasionally will down one so quickly it isn't even enjoyable and it burns when my numbers drop too low, but it's not really worth it.

Since July 2006 I've been a diet coker. I can't say that I enjoy it at all, but it's what I've got to do.

Since I had a doctor's appointment at the end of March and found out how completely fat I am, I've started exercising 30 minutes a day. It's all I can handle. Exercise and I aren't friends. Loosing weight isn't that big of a deal to me, but trying to not be a diabetic anymore is important. I've seen marked improvement in my overall numbers in the last month and a half.

Anyway - off topic. I only drink one a day, but that DC is important. In the last few weeks I started to realize however that starting the coke was great, but I never got around to finishing it. That's a bummer. So I figured since I am on this new "health kick", That I'd try to get rid of, or at least minimize my two vices. Diet Coke and bread. I only do one coke a day (and like I said, rarely finish it anymore), but bread (whole wheat with chunky things in it - healthy, right?) is my downfall. With peanut butter and honey, or nutella, or butter and garlic, or dipped in balsamic vinegar, I eat a lot of bread.

The bread thing is going okay - the coke thing is not. I am completely dependent on the stuff. I haven't purchased any coke for myself at the store in three weeks. That hasn't stopped me from feeding my habit however. It seems that I just can't break away. I made it a whole three days without one last week, but the headache was miserable (even though it had started to pass), and I just wasn't having any fun. I think it's more of the fizz, and the bubbles that come up to greet me than the caffeine.

Anyway - I've got a big old DC in front of me right now. I made it like, 40 hours.

I'll try again tomorrow.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i can't give up DRpepper.....i drink anywhere from one 20 oz bottle a day to ummm......one 20 oz bottle and a 32 oz fountain DRpepper [from qdoba].....to ummm sometimes more.

it's horrible. sugar is my downfall which i have managed to give up nearly entirely but i feel like if i don't drink the empty calories then i'd be invisible......

so i justify it. i really need to stop. so good luck with the DC problem. i can't STAND the taste of it....so i can't even imagine....

Anonymous said...

I like cherry coke!

Erin @ Two More Seconds said...

I'm addicted like that to the Dr. Pepper. Let's just say the people at the gas station down yonder know me on a first name basis. I know it's not good for me - but thank goodness for cheap(ish) fountain refills! Good luck with the Diet Coke giving up. I can't imagine it's going to be easy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails