Friday, May 30, 2008

Baby Friday: boy oh boy, the mama is going to rant

Two weeks ago, my kid was sleeping through the night, in his own bed, and having 2-3 hour naps. We were in baby-mama heaven. All was well, all were happy.
Then I had meetings. Lots of meetings, babysitters, messed up schedules, three new teeth (grand total: 16), a holiday weekend, super late nights for our dad, more meetings...
This week. Oh my hello-nurse I'm glad it's Friday. The kid has only been sleeping for about an hour each nap (and they are ridiculously early in the morning because he's wiped out), and I've become very familiar with the adjacent town as I drive him to sleep in the afternoons. Bedtime has gone from 8:30 pm to 10:30 pm and every single night like clockwork, a certain monkey is waking up around 1:30 am with such an inconsolable blood curdling scream that you'd think someone were in his room to stab him or steal his stuffed puppy.
Ross and I are so exhausted (and I've had an ice pack worthy headache for the last 48 hours) that we give up trying to put him back to sleep and just bring him in our room (A habit I thought we had broken 2 weeks ago) to toss, turn, kick, and head butt until he drifts back to sleep and leaves us in peace.
Sometimes this parenting stuff is a bunch of crap! If only the monkey weren't so cute, adorable, funny, and kind-hearted. And he didn't give me kisses every time I asked for them. Oh, the kisses!

TOAST

1 comment:

Erin @ Two More Seconds said...

Oh I'm so sorry ... we've been there .. the trying to give up the naps thing .. not fun. :(

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails