Wednesday, May 07, 2008

I surrender! At least for today.


i'm done, originally uploaded by bookemdano1978.

So, there is this episode of Spongebob Squarepants where Spongebob has to write a paper for his driving class about all the things you aren't supposed to do at a red light. I'm sure you can guess what happens - the lovely yellow sponge wastes all his time, has crazy dreams with fires and snail demons and then he wakes up, frantically writes his paper and runs it to school. Then, unfortunately our friend finds that there is no school that day.

Picture if you will a scene. It's only Wednesday, but has been a crazy non-stop week, thus far and I have the back ache to prove it. This afternoon I sat around the house while it rained cats and dogs outside corraling my crazy kid while a middle-aged Elvis look-alike did a 3 hour absolutely amazing, wonderful, breath-taking job laying tile in my bathroom.

Then after dinner, the dutiful husband has to run some errands and willingly takes the monkey with him so I can get some work done. After pouring over Perez Hilton's site, looking at pretty camera bags at the Crumpler website and checking out some bio-degradable diapers I grabbed my "focus" hoodie from upstairs and got ready to settle down and do some work.

That was 43 minutes ago. I still haven't gotten much done. I'm struggling to find the energy to read about integrated arts curriculum or the amazing world of chemistry.

The strings on my hood keep pulling tighter and tighter. I think I'm about ready to call it a day and put my camera back in the bag.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails