Wednesday, May 28, 2008

hold the mayo for crying out loud

I'm in a meeting. In the last week and a half I'm living in meetings. I suppose the best part of an all day meeting would be lunch, right? A free catered meal should be a treat, yes? Better than eating cafeteria food, but not like going to a real restaurant.

I've got a couple issues. Issue one, I don't want to eat a sandwich. Sandwiches are gross and I don't like them. I don't want to make an effort to come to your meeting and eat a sandwich. It's not nice. I can eat a sandwich at home, feed me something good. Issue two, not only do you make me eat a sandwich, but MAYO? Holy freaking cow! In what world does everyone who eats a sandwich want MAYO on it? I don't. I want to be able to choose my own condiment thank you very much.

Mayo is nasty. It makes me throw up a little in my mouth and I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. Is it that hard to put it in a little packet in my box lunch instead of slathering it 6 inches thick on the white bread of my white roast beef (yes, I said yuck) and letting it sit on my bread all morning long until I finally get to eat it at Noon?

Like I said, holy freaking cow!
Arg!
I feel better.

2 comments:

... said...

I agree...the sandwich people should make them as plain as possible so for those who like mayo or any other condiment can put it on themselves!

Harlene said...

I knew there must be a reason I moved here...You are the only other person, adult, I've met who can't stand mayo. One time my daughter asked if we could buy mayo if we were "rich". She had assumed I never bought it because it was a luxury, like caviar.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails