Tuesday, May 06, 2008

I am Spartacus!

Willie competed at the completely disorganized and totally out of control district junior high track meet this afternoon. After a time and location change, we finally made it to see him throw the shot-put - the only 7th grader to make it to district. Let's pretend that it's because he's so good - not just because he's the only 7th grader that throws the shot-put. He set a new all time high for his distance - 26.7 feet. Some 9th grader with cute curly hair threw 45 feet, but Willie will work up to that.

My nervous brother was the last person to throw in the 3rd and final heat. As we were sitting in the grass waiting he said something so typically Willie that I just have to share. He wasn't sure whether or not the guy in charge had called for the 3rd heat yet. He turned to my mom and didn't have to say a word - her look was enough to warrant this response, "So I guess I need to just be assertive and go over there to find out?" The "yes" look from my mom got him off the grass and to the staging area. it made me laugh.

1 comment:

Sir William said...

Don't you just love my form?!?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails