Saturday, May 31, 2008

Today was a great day

There is that saying from somewhere that says when you're on your deathbed you'll not turn to your family and say that you wished you'd spent more time in the office. Heard of it?

Well, I think that sometimes in my little family we spend too much time "at the office" and not enough time being a family. That, compiled with the fact that it feels like I've spent the last oh, year of Saturdays at Home Depot, caused us to today, be the family of three that does things.

We slept in (until 7:00 am). I was supposed to work but my online class system crashed, perhaps by divine intervention. We went to the zoo. We went to lunch. We bought a new camera. We chilled at home and put clean sheets on the bed. We made gelato. We ate a tasty dinner. We went for a walk by the lake. We talked to neighbors. We sat on the swing and we watered the plants.

Today was beautiful and I loved it. No projects, no work, no home depot.





3 comments:

Erin @ Two More Seconds said...

What a cutie your little plant-waterer is! Did you take that video with your new camera? It looks great!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a nice day! - Haley

Codi said...

What a perfect, fun day! I just LOVE the picture of you and Elliott on the walk. He is looking at you wish such, sweet little boy loving eyes. Oh, so cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails