Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Junior Bird man

After years of trying he finally did it. Mr birdman lives on 

 So, we have a tradition in our family of doing the "Mr. bird man", or "the owl" (hoot!). Whatever you want to call it, it's a process of flipping our hands upside down, putting them over our eyes and yelling "caw, caw!" after it. My mom taught us chillins' how to do it, I've never seen my dad do it, my husband can do it, his mother cannot. 

 I've been trying for 2.5 years to get my kid to do it. We practice and practice and practice. Really, we do.  It's important. It's one of those right of passage things like curling your tongue and crossing your eyes. Yesterday, we were eating lunch and that boy of mine turned to me, flipped his hands and voila!

HE DID IT! 

 I immediately made him do it again, took his picture, and sent it off to grandma, uncle willie, auntie haley and dad. It was a milestone worth documenting.

Then what did we do? We spent the rest of the day being junior bird men of course. And, trying to get the Chick to do it. 

 That my friends, is going to take another 2 and a half years.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails