Monday, July 21, 2008

Can someone explain this for me?

The Monkey went to bed last night at 10:30. The second I got him down (on my third try) I quite literally ran to my room and jumped in bed.

He was awake, screaming bloody murder, at 12:15. Ross got up with him, and he kept screaming. I got up at 1 am to relieve Ross. Around 1:20 or so in the am I got him to sleep, put him in bed and Elliott started to scream. I just left him, screaming, for 2 HOURS!

Around 3:30, as he was finally starting to stop screaming, Ross had a dream that he was crying so he got up to "rescue" him. Then the whole process started all over again.

Elliott was awake, screaming, from 12:15-5:30 in the morning.

What is going on?

Do other kids do this?

What should we do?

Help, internets, help!

5 comments:

.::still blinking::. said...

Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child by Marc Weissbluth

Codi said...

Yama hama Annie - I'm tired just reading about your night. I'm really of no help because we've been lucky with Lucy (I guess no sleep for almost three months in the NICU makes up for it!). Aren't most of his teeth in? I forget - is he still in the crib or a big boy bed?

Like I said, I'm not much help but I feel bad for all three of you and I wish you and Elliott a LONG nap today!

Erin @ Two More Seconds said...

Oh, yuck, I have no idea. Growing pains mostly? That's what I always say it is when I can't figure it being anything else ... I'm sorry, Mama, those are not fun nights (and yes, we've had a few of them too).

Michele said...

Is he sick? Also is he old enough for tylenol cold medicine? Whenever Micaela wakes up screaming she is always sick, and usually only calms down after throwing up or taking children's nyquil. Although I must add it is difficult getting an upset toddler to swallow medicine!

Harried Mom said...

I concur with Makayla, that was the only book that worked for us with Bailey. She didn't scream for hours during the night, just for 10 to 20 minutes 5 or 6 times a night until she was nearly 2 and a half. That book changed our lives and we are better having used it. I've read tons, believe me the library was donated about 6 sleep books by me, but this one actually worked.

I am sorry, as I do feel your pain.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails