Thursday, July 10, 2008

I'm already impressed

On Tuesday morning I joined Weight Watchers (online). I've been exercising consistently for 30 minutes or more a day since the end of April and I'm not losing weight...not that I'm exercising to lose weight, just to maintain really and try to be a bit more healthy. I don't want to be that mom. You know the one - she can't run and play with her kid or keep up with him because she's too out of shape and fat.

Anyway, I joined on Tuesday. I signed up for a 3 month deal and at the end of 3 months I'll see where I'm at and whether or not I want to continue paying money every month for the service. However, in three full days of participating in the program (I'm doing the points instead of the core) I can hardly believe what's happening. Having a program to stick to has already done wonders for my food habits, meal portion size and blood sugar numbers. I've needed almost no insulin in the last three days at my meal times. This is huge! Really, it is - you have no idea. The times I've shot up before lunch or dinner, using my regular dosage system has left me, two hours later, with LOW numbers. I haven't seen anything over 120 for three days. Amazing.

That, combined with: my new food journal, my 40 min. morning walk, planning meals and snacks ahead of time, constantly checking my points and totally limiting my chocolate might actually do me some good. This is just the regime I need, I think. Plus - knowing that I forked over a bunch of money is a good motivating factor, too.

Why didn't I sign up a year ago?

It's so refreshing to know that there's hope for me yet.

2 comments:

japetersen said...

Great news! Maybe it's the combination you needed!

Anonymous said...

Way to Go! _HQ

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails