Wednesday, July 09, 2008

a sometimes wish

There is something about California that is always magical - the heat, the ocean, the beach, the surfers. I'd never want to live there, but I always want and love to visit.

At Disneyland, my mom saw "the family". All were tall, blond, tan, surfer-esque. As mom and the boys walked ahead, dad was behind belting out at the top of his lungs "I wish they all could be California girls..."

After she told me about the sighting I turned to her and said, "How come we weren't that California family? Sometimes I wish we were."

"I don't know and me, too," she replied.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm confused. You want to be some strange people you saw in CA? Why? Because they were tan or blond or because they liked the beach boys? WHy?

Harried Mom said...

I don't think being from California (particularly Southern CA) is all its cracked up to be. I'd say the majority of those of us in or from Southern CA don't/didn't even spend time at the beach regularly and life moves really fast there. The benefits are good weather nearly year round, excellent entertainment venues, and incredibly mixed neighborhoods. Drawback...uptight people, fires, earthquakes and even in this market ridiculously high housing prices...just to name a few. And Annie, while I can't speak for your family itself (other than what I have read here) you guys are awesome be you from CA or not!- Tiffany

Anonymous said...

GIVE ME THE DIVERSITY OF MTNS. RED ROCK DESERT, SPRING,SUMMER, WINTER AND FALL ANYTIME. THE OCEAN IS COOL BUT NOT AS NEAT AS CONTINUAL SEASONAL CHANGE. GO UTAH

Unknown said...

hey don't bag on us californians! not ALL of us are crazy.......or tan.......or blond! but i can say that i AM a california girl.....no stupid mountains can ever change that!

ha ha ha ha ha!!

Erin @ Two More Seconds said...

I don't know, it is a pretty nice place to live. And northern and central California are SO different from the image that Southern California gets. I love the whole state. I miss living there.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails