Wednesday, August 13, 2008

food

It's been 5 weeks since I started weight watchers. In 5 weeks I've lost 5.4 lbs so says my scale. That I guess is right on track with WW plan that says you should lose 1-2 lb's a week. Yeah for me, right?

Have you ever noticed that when you do the initials of the store Lane Bryant, it's LB, like in pound...like all the ladies that shop there (including myself on ocassion) have more LB's than everyone else. Do you think that's a conspiracy? Yeah, me too.

Anyway, I've been doing pretty good eating on my daily and weekly point allowances. More fruit and vegetables, less bread fewer cheetos and nearly no chocolate. Yes, I am extremely deprived. In studying my eating habits I have learned that I am not an emotional eater, an angry eater, a jealous eater, or any other type of eater. I just really like to eat. I really, really like to eat.

The funny thing is, I am one of the pickest eaters you'll ever fine. I know there are people, adults even - not just 2 year olds, who issue more personal food restrictions than myself, but I'm pretty bad. I don't eat cheese, beans or fish. Most vegetables scare me. I cannot eat a piece of meat with a bone in it because I feel bad for the animal it once was. When I was pregnant with Elliott Ross once fixed fat and thick chicken breasts for dinner and just looking at them made me so ill I started bawling. I have texture issues with food and fruits and if it feels too mushy or stringy or fuzzy or wet or gooey I just can't eat it.

I love greasy diner food. I love bacon and anything cooked in bacon grease. I love desserts, especially ones I make from scratch and find in "bon appetit" magazine or ones that have "red velvet" somewhere in their name. I prefer steak to chicken. Did I mention no fish? Yeah, the thought of eating a fish, or anything else that spends its life in either fresh or salt water absolutely oogs me out to the millionth degree.

Like, sushi for example. Don't rag on me sushi eaters of the world, but I would rather eat the dirt off of my foot than a piece of raw fish with rice and seaweed. I was just reading another blog and the blogger mentioned sushi. Puke! I don't get it. Pardon the stereotype, but it seems that there is a "type" of person that eats sushi and that person is much cooler and more sophisticated than me. I fear traveling to parts of the world that thrive off of aquatic life because they might not have chicken for me to eat. Just chicken of the sea.

Anyway, like I was saying, I'm learning a lot about food and my food habits on weight watchers. I can tell you the points value for most stuff. Today I ate a really good breakfast, with minimal points and then ate three pieces of little squeezers pizza for lunch - yeah, can you beleive that? I blew 15 points out of my 32 for the day on crappy pizza. Oh well, it was worth it.

Food is my downfall. It may be my only true vice - oh how I love chocolate treats. I'm sure that I'll never get back to the number I weighed when I got married and that's okay. It's crazy that I thought i was fat 5.5 years ago. If only I would have known what the future looked like. I might have done something then to prevent the extra 40 that I've been adding the last few years. Regardless, it feels good to know that finally, I'm doing something realistic and attainable about it.

Yeah me.

2 comments:

Harried Mom said...

Annie, just keep plugging along slow and steady rules the day. tiff

Unknown said...

omg on the LB thing. NEVER would've noticed that.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails