Wednesday, August 06, 2008

New addition to the family

It's not a baby, but it's close. I am now the proud parent of a new digital SLR camera and I am in love. Still working out some of the kinks and learning all the settings but so far - it's like we're running towards each other in a field of wild Flowers after years apart because of war. Yes, it's that good.

The true test of the camera's strength will be on Friday, when I do some engagement photos for a very young, sweet couple who are so kind to ask me to be their photographer. In the meantime, I've messed around a bit with the monkey and the bathroom sink. So far, I likey the results.

We were lounging on our favorite thing last night - mine and Ross' bed, so I broke out my new baby to take a few shots. I thought "gosh, won't it be fun to take a little family picture because the last time I tried it ended up looking like this..."

the only family portrait on the trip

Yeah, not the greatest, I know. Well, our results last night weren't that much better because the Monkey has a desperate need to eat the new camera instead of just watch it take pretty pictures. I still like what we got...casual and fun and a little bit blurry.



Other than these two beauts, we don't have anything except a picture from a year ago at my cousin's wedding when we gave Elliott a night off from his helmet.

Anyway - enough is enough right.

If you want to buy my old and still in perfect condition camera (with manuals, cables and at least one lens and maybe a camera backpack if you're interested) then drop me a comment and we can negotiate.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails