Thursday, August 28, 2008

SAHM-WFHM-HTDBM/FH

Sometimes I lament my SAHM (Stay at Home Mom) status. When I add in my WFMH (Work from Home Mom) responsibilities it usually leaves me drained and with the inability to get stuff done on a daily basis. It also gives me a greater appreciation for my mom and all the other moms who work full time and still meet all the needs of their children and families. You ladies are all deserving of wonder woman status.

After two full days of tricky babysitting arrangements, very stress full commuting which included being road raged at by an angry ZZ Top cover band artist, and some really long meetings (especially for a girl who cannot sit still), I am a HTDBM/FH (Happy to do both mom/from home).

When the reality of my little world hits me - usually in traffic when my khakis are getting too hot and wrinkled and I wish I were in my regular uniform of stretchy pants and a t-shirt - I realize how lucky and blessed I am.

I have a happy, funny, adorable little monkey that I get to spend my entire day with. Yes, we drive each other crazy, but having a sidekick is a pretty cool feeling.

I have the opportunity to work and a very accommodating and understanding organization to work for. They let me work from home! I cannot beat that.

I have a husband who works hard enough that I can stay home in stretchy pants and a t-shirt.

The biggest decision I have to make on many days is whether or not we go for a walk in the morning or the evening - that's tough, isn't it.

I'm a pretty lucky girl - I just need to remember that more often.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I am so tired from waking up at 5am today to get laundry and other FTWM duties done before work - and from literally being up all night the night before with sick boy and the joy of a sick husband this week too....that your post almost made me cry. It is nice to read someone else's acknowledgement of FTWM issues. Thanks!

Bing Math said...

It's good to recognize your blessings!

Could you add "get Haley another bag of books" to your SAHM/WFHM list when you get a minute?

Anonymous said...

Elliott is a lucky little boy...he has a great mom and dad.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails