Thursday, August 21, 2008

I told you so

Two days ago, he was in the garage and stepped on a nail. It went through his flip flop and punctured his foot (the left foot with the gimpy toe). There was a lot of blood. The post impact conversation went something like this...

Me: Are you okay?
Him: Yes.
Me: You should probably get a tetanus shot because you stepped on a nail.
Him: I don't need one, the nail wasn't rusty.
Me: It doesn't matter whether or not the nail was rusty. You just stepped on a nail and it went through your foot.
Him: I'll be fine.
Me: Whatever!

Fast forward 24 hours to yesterday. I get a text that his foot hurts and is swollen. When he gets home from work I see that indeed, the foot is swollen.

I say, "You probably should go to an insta care and get a tetanus shot".

He says, "It's fine, but let me CALL MY PARENTS and see what they think." (inject personal inner dialogue here: Um, hello? Call your parents? Are you kidding me? What about me? I've been telling you for 24 hours to do what they are going to tell you to do but you won't listen to me? The person that you married? The one who cooperates with all your schemes? The girl who birthed and takes care of your heir and didn't even get mad at you when you stepped on a nail and let the little monkey wander around the exact same garage barefoot?)

He spoke to both of them. One said he should go to the emergency room. The other told him to go to insta care and....GET A TETANUS SHOT.

As soon as he got off the phone, he left the house to do what his parents told him to do.

You're welcome.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Often I ask myself, Which is harder...marriage or parenting? hmmmm?

Harried Mom said...

I hear ya Annie. Back in April our property management company turned the sprinkler system on way too soon. Of course Brian leaves one morning and slipped on ice blowing his knee out. He hobbled around for almost a month after I told him he tore something and needed to go to the doctor. Needless to say he finally went and needed extensive surgery. Guys are weird in that they'll listen to mom but not usually us.- Tiff...P.S. I hope it gets better fast and there are no ill effects.

Anonymous said...

Ross is lucky that this is the only thing that he got. There are so many bacterium that can be found on nails, among other things that can cause sepsis.

Men do not like to go the doctor. So we find ways to resist. Ever seen the commercial on the TV?
I wish you luck!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails