Wednesday, August 20, 2008

it's all coming to an end...

...Summer that is. Three glorious months of fun, sun and entertainment are wrapping themselves up this week and I'm just not quite sure what to do about it. The laziness of summer has always been appealing to me, now more so than ever. I've had more baby sitters than I can shake a stick at, more family and friends to hang out with, more days going to lunch than I really should have eaten and it's all coming to an end.

It seems that the monkey and I have spent most of our summer with our favorite brother and uncle and it's been so much fun. Nearly every time we get in the car it's a call for "WeeEee" and Elliott cannot rest until we find him.




This summer we've gone on trips, to baseball games, to lunch, to the zoo and on many grand adventures to Target. We've read books, played outside, planted flowers, been scared of the lawn mower, gone to play grounds, squashed bugs, watered ourselves instead of the flowers countless times and almost finished the basement.



We've played with cousins, grandparents, great grandparents and friends and had some glorious afternoon naps.

We've been swimming not nearly enough times, but enough times for me to get this:

Can I just tell you how good it feels to have those tan lines? It feels good. It's been YEARS since I've been able to go swimming enough times to get a tan and oh, how I love that tan. If only I had someplace to go or something to wear to show it off!

Summer is so fleeting isn't it? We wait all year for it to come and then it just sneaks away. It's true that I'm excited for the fall. I love the fall - little league football, college basketball and sweaters are just around the corner - you can feel it in the air. But oh, how I wish that I had a few more weeks to hang out and be lazy with some of my favorite people.

1 comment:

japetersen said...

Nice summer summary!
Mom

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails