Thursday, November 19, 2009

Day 19: Sick!

Going to instacare.  I've got a sick eye

Two weeks ago on a Saturday morning I woke up with my left eye almost completely swollen shut. It hurt. I didn't think it was that big of a deal except that it hurt and maybe a warm wash cloth could help but my husband convinced me otherwise. He convinced me that I had a crazy infection that would cause me to go blind in my left eye unless I went to the doctor and got some antibiotics.

It hurt.

Bad.

I gave in and went to insta-not-care with all the swine flu sickies. Luckily I only waited about 30 minutes. I didn't touch anything but my phone. There was a guy there hacking up a lung and a bunch of people who willingly donned masks. Ick! By the time I was finished I was ready to slather my body with hand sanitizer!!!!!

A doctor saw me, took one look at my eye and told me it was a stye.

A stye?

Yes, a stye. Something that I've had quite a bit in my life, but usually on the upper eye lid, not the lower.

I felt like a fool. Who goes to the doctor for a stye?

Me, apparently.

Now, I have a cold.

Being sick sucks!

Having a stuffy nose totally sucks.

Not being able to take cold medicine because ALL cold medicine makes me so drowsy that I cannot stay awake to save my life, let alone take care of my kids really sucks.

Knowing that I've had two days to pass my germs along to my kids?

Priceless!

Because if there is one thing that doesn't suck (sarcasm, folks), it's sick kids.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails