Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Day 25: Bragging

IMGP6253

Today my Squirt went to the doctor's for his 6 month check up. He's in the 90th percentile overall, weighing in at 22 pounds even and 28 inches long. Unlike his brother at this age, he is on the chart, but just barely. He is the size of an average one year old and I'm so proud of all he's accomplishing.

I really like my pediatrician. She's a grandma and a wise lady. Today she asked me what the kid can do. I told her that he can do lots of things, but when I told her that he scoots around the house on his butt insead of rolling and that he can pull himself up to standing on bed rails, crib rails, just on someone's finger tips and that when prompted, he'll make a sound that sounds like, "hi", she was really impressed.

So, my precocious little boy is above average in size and in general behaviors.

We were also told to move to level 2 baby foods which means we are one step closer to no more formula and bottles. I'm sad to see the little Squirt grow up, but am so excited to move on to the next phase.

And, for all those out there that care (none of you I'm sure, except maybe my blog stalker...) our pediatrician recommended not getting regular flu or H1N1 vaccines for either of the boys. I'd been waiting for her opinion and she said at this point, that the flu has flown the coop and that the odds of the boys getting sick after the shot are just as high with the vaccine as without. Maybe we're crazy, but in our house, no flu shots this year.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails