Thursday, October 02, 2008

I thought it was an offer he couldn't refuse

The boy that I married has his mind set on two things right now. An Xbox and a giant tv that hangs on the wall. It's been agreed to that maybe by Christmas we will have saved enough money for the giant tv on the wall. The other toy though? A different issue all together.

I do not support said video game consoles purchase - especially in light of the fact that we already have an unused console,. Ross hasn't played a game for years, video games are evil, he doesn't have time to play, I don't need my boys living in a dark hole in the basement shooting at imaginary villains....yada, yada yada. You get the idea.

Regardless of what I think, Ross still wants it. Dare I say wants it desperately. So, we worked out a deal. If he can save from his allowance (yes each of us has a monthly allowance) and in his words, "hustle" for some cash, I'll match him. Well, the bank account will match him and he can get his mind sucker.

The other day though, I came up with a sweet compromise - one I thought he'd jump on. Last night I made him a deal. If he would go 2 weeks without head phones - totally cold turkey - anywhere (work, home, church, etc.) then I would just go to one of my secret cash stashes and give him the money for his box, quite literally RIGHT NOW!

Brilliant, right? He shot me down before I even finished listing my conditions. I really thought he'd go for it - two weeks is nothing, right?

Wrong!

He is so ADDICTED!!!!!! that the thought of living without his beloved ipod, even for cold hard cash and his desired and beloved Xbox, isn't even an option.

Are there any ipod anonymous meetings we can start attending? Anywhere? Beuhler? Beulher? Beuhler?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails