Thursday, October 30, 2008

my pets heads fell off

as a kid, I was a puker. I threw up everywhere all the time. whether because of childhood migraines, driving around the block too many times or my superhero quick gag and puke reflex, let's just say that sometimes, life was pretty gross.

as an adult however, - talking to ralph on the big white telephone was an evasive foe leaving me alone until the worst possible moment....my second wedding reception in arizona, christmas eve 07, the day before we go on a four day trip to lake tahoe.

yesterday was one of the worst days of my life and luckily for me, my family came through. Ross came home at lunch, haley came after work to rescue the monkey from his sick mama, and my parents and brother took him all night long, bringing him home just in time for bed.

yesterday, I was pretty sure i was going to die - puking and other stuff aside...just the ache in my joints and back was enough, I'm sure, to kill a small animal.

today things are a bit brighter - the sun is out, the sky is clear, and for the first time in about 20 hours or so, I can sit up straight and organize a cohesive sentence. I'm not sure what got me - it could have been food, it could have been my flu shot, or it could have been weeks of stress and life getting the better of me.

whatever it was, I'm going to eat some toast now. Pray that my stomach keeps it and doesn't give it back to me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails