Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My free soda hookup

So, when I take my lunch to work and then go out to run some errands, I will stop by a texaco station on the corner of California Ave & 2700 W (Pioneer Ave). It is sort of an industrial neighborhood and I always feel a little goofy with my white collar get-up when I go inside.

I have been going to this texaco about once a week for around six months. There is a clerk there (she is probably in her mid thirties) that always either charges me the refill price (for a new soda) or just says, 'do not worry about it - have a nice day.'

I always say that it is a new cup, but she always gives me a deal. I just thought that she was being nice and that she did it for lots of people until a week or two ago. As she was giving me back my change, she gave me the double hand money return. This is the second cousin of the double hand shake. She grabbed my oustretched hand from the bottom and then gave me the coins with her other hand. A hand sandwich if you will. I am not sure what message this manuever is meant to communicate. Is there a hidden code in all of this?

I have not been back. Fortunately our corp hq is moving to south jordan in 2 weeks, so I will not have occasion to visit the too friendly texaco station...

3 comments:

Bing Math said...

Yes, you should probably make sure she doesn't follow you. It's not worth the free drinks.

... said...

I think you should go back...see what else you can get for free! ;)

Anonymous said...

I new it was too good to be true --
Judy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails