Sunday, October 26, 2008

the fat lady done singed!

Football season ended yesterday. It was by no means a glorious end, but there always has to be a team that looses, right?

My brother, aka Spartcus, Will the Thrill, boo-boo, buba, baby, Cheryl, me-me, etc. played a good game. In fact, he had a great season. I've come to realize that team sports are just as dependent on individual play as an individual sport is. Attitude is everything. The desire to play well and improve on a personal level often far surpasses the ability of a team to get it together and improve on a group level.

The game yesterday was beautiful. Warm, sunny, and with a breath-taking view of the mountains. That alone was worth the effort it took to watch our poor boys get their butts kicked. I guess anyway.

Regardless of the outcome, my boy was so happy to be there, outside, and cheer on his uncle, my other boy, for the afternoon. Elliott clapped and yelled, and rallied the team. And, when Uncle Me-me finally made his appearence after the game, Elliott grabbed his hand and was ready to follow him anywhere - regardless of how stinky.




Now, it's time to move on to our favorite pastime as a family....BASKETBALL!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Oh my that last picture is the best!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails