Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Maybe Halloween can be political, too?

My friend Ann put this on her blog and it made me laugh.

It also got me thinking. Depending on the political point of view you've got this season, Halloween is the perfect holiday to emphasize your perspective - especially for me, who doesn't like Halloween so much that we're heading out of town next weekend and no, my 21 month old is not going trick-or-treating because how stupid is that? (This would also be the right perspective for a household that is about to put a homemade sign "none of the above" in our front yard)

So I guess one side of things agrees with my friends blog cartoon - since Elliott isn't even going to be around for Halloween and the good old trick-or-treating, then maybe candy should be taken away from those kids that did go out, freeze, and beg door to door for candy from people they don't even know and give my boy his fair share. Or, maybe only the kids who get 100 pieces of candy or more - maybe they are the only ones who have to share.

The other side? They probably want to give all the hard earned candy to banks because the banks just cannot afford to put suckers out for little kiddies anymore - oh, and they probably want to stand on their front porches with shot-guns too....just in case.

Happy Halloween

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails