Saturday, October 11, 2008

My first wedding

On Thursday, with the help of a good friend, her good eye and her camera, I photographed my first wedding. I've done lots of engagement photos for people, and some simple stuff at my home for family and friends but this was my first really big, really important, paying me a good chunk of change gig.

It was such a good experience - totally overwhelming and made me the kind of nervous that I haven't been in a long time - so afraid of messing up that I wasn't sure how to handle things, but overall it went really well. I'd love to do this kind of stuff professionally, or at least part time. I love the opportunity to be creative, and in charge, and even though it's a lot of pressure, having the ability to capture such an important event for people.

I'm still working through all the images (I took 500 pictures on the big day) - editing and being overly critical. Regardless of that, I think I got some that are beautiful. I wanted to share a few of those on the good old blog.

Let me know what you think.

















7 comments:

Melanie said...

They look great! I'm sure the couple will be really happy with them.

Anonymous said...

Very nice --
Mom

Bing Math said...

I think they look really good!

Codi said...

They look so great - I want to see more! Congratulations Annie...hope you took business cards!

... said...

Awesome!

Tara said...

They look awesome! I love the colors that she picked.

Spencer & Emily said...

Annie the pictures look terrific! As Peter Pan once said " to live, that would be an awfully big adventure." I think that you captured their big adventure perfectly! Congrats!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails