Friday, November 10, 2006

Friendship

This is something I've been contemplating writing about for a while but after a nice experience last night, I've decided to final sit down and share a few thoughts.

I will readily admit that I haven't ever had many friends and it seems that many of the friends I have had in my life haven't been the best. They have either moved away (every good friend in elementary school and a couple in jr. high), or only wanted to be my friend when it was convenient and they didn't have a better offer (post high school and during teaching). Outside of my mom, dad, sister, and brother, my circle of friends was always pretty small. Once I met Ross did all that dumb dating stuff and got married, I realized that I added another permanent friend to my short roster, and like my sister...he didn't have too many options to escape.

Now, I feel that I am at a point in my life that I actually have some people who I would call friends. The girls in my book club, people that I work with, and reconnecting with friends from 7th grade. I actually feel like there are people in the world besides my mom and sister who want to talk to me, and are interested in what I have to say as well as people who want me to be their "listener". I like it and think it's cool.

Last night a person whom I hope I can call a "friend" came over to borrow some cake pans. She ended up staying and talking to me for over an hour. That was the best. I had a great time talking to her, hope she enjoyed her stay and am happy that she wants to talk to be and be my friend, too.

It sometimes feels like all I do is whine and feel sorry for myself. It's so wonderful sometimes to be able to talk to someone about nothing in particular, laugh, and have a nice evening at home with a guest.

2 comments:

.::still blinking::. said...

I concur.

Bing Math said...

Glad you finally found a friend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails