Friday, November 24, 2006

Livin' in the Projects

As if Ross and I don't have enough going on, what with just barely finishing our landscaping enough to get the HOA off our backs, church callings, family commitments, Utah basketball games, growing a baby and...um...breathing, we started another project today.
You see, "gary" needs a place to rest his little head come January and the room that will be his is currently pink. I realize he won't know that, but everyone else will so today started the pink to yellow transformation. We got all of our supplies taken care of this morning and I spent the afternoon hunched on the floor pulling, cutting, and scraping bad caulk from the baseboards. So much fun. We took a break to go to the grocery store and to find food, but are back at it this evening.
It's funny because I like painting a lot...the prep work though? Not worth the effort. My back is killing me, my knees hurt, and my elbows are raw from leaning on the carpet all afternoon. Our biggest concern though has been resolved. We were nervous that the lemon yellow would not be dark enough to cover the raspberry on the walls w/o primer and neither of us wanted to deal with the step of priming the walls. So, I did a test run and voila! No primer necessary. Definately two coats, but I was planning on that anyway.
I hope "gary" likes yellow.


yellow001
Lemon Yellow Sample

yellow003
Ross working hard removing dead caulk (I worked hard today too, there just isn't any photographic evidence.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails