Thursday, November 16, 2006

soon to be known as TANK BABY

"Gary" is a great pseudonym for a baby that has yet to show it's face to the world. Spongebob's snail is cuddly and cute and meow's like a cat. How clever. I think though, that it may be time to change Gary's name to TANK BABY.
Yesterday was my 28 week dr. appointment. The good news? Everything looks great. My blood pressure was actually normal (even dropping a bit which is always nice), I only gained two pounds in 2 weeks (instead of 9 lbs in 4 weeks), and things are on track for "perfectly normal, perfectly healthy"....except in one respect: THIS BABY IS GOING TO BE HUGE!
As part of the doctor visit, I have to get my stomach measured. According to "science", I should measure 1 centimeter for every week of pregnancy. Thus, 28 weeks should measure 28 centimeters. But, because I can't do anything "normal" or the easy way, at 28 weeks I measured...ready for this, 32 centimeters. That is, in theory, 4 weeks ahead of where I should be. What does this mean? Big Baby!
When Ross and I lived at the "U" after first getting married, we went to church with a very nice family that had two children. A very cute little girl and boy. However, the son, who was about 1 year old at the time, easily weighed 50 lbs or more and Ross was obsessed with the remarkable girth of the child that could not easily be held on ones lap. Thus the phrase, "tank baby" was born because, well, the kid looked like a human tank. Well, it looks like Ross might be getting his very own tank baby. A child that, as a newborn, may look months old and weigh a good 10 pounds...which is so exciting for me because I get to carry him around for the next 10-12 weeks or so.
At least we won't have to wait until February to meet the kid.

1 comment:

.::still blinking::. said...

When Gentry was born he was immidiatly off the growth charts in head and weight. So at 2 months when we moved into the ward people thought that he was a sixth month old that could not hold his head up. Our Dr. at the time nicknamed him "Bruiser" and said that he would easily be 36 pounds at one year. Fortunatly for us he has not reached that yet. Also after you carry him around for 10-12 weeks you will be carrying him around for 3ish more years. And kids in car seats get heavy fast.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails