Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Chillin' in the Trailer Park

Yesterday, I went out to Tooele to hang with Haley in the trailer park. She called teh relocatables, or portables, the trailer park. The kids call it the same thing, I guess they can in some way identify.

I had some official work business while I was there, but I also just wanted to spend some time hanging out in a school. Sometimes, I miss teaching kids. But, when I sit in a room full of goofy 9th graders for 90 minutes, the desire to hang with kids dissipates a bit. These kids though amusing, made me tired. One girl asked if the "France Class" was going to France this year. I couldn't help but stifle a laugh. One boy had major issues with a ruler as well. He couldn't seem to keep the ruler or his hands to himself. That would drive me nuts. These kids, goofy as they were, also helped me to see, once again, how hard teachers, in this case Haley, have to work to keep kids interested, engaged, and get them excited about learning.

While there in my official capacity, I took pictures...I also killed a spider crawling on the desk.

1 comment:

Bing Math said...

So you're not going back to being a regular teacher anytime soon?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails