Wednesday, December 03, 2008

At least he doesn't have ear infections

I'll be the first to admit that in the last 2 years, I've often missed the clues. I figure that he's fine and go on and then days later - usually after a lecture from my mom about how quickly little boys can get ill, I take my little boy to the doctor and he's sick.

My track record recently hasn't been all that great.

In July woke up bright red with a burning fever = hand foot and mouth
In September was screaming at me for hours = strep throat
In October threw fits at Lake Tahoe = emergency room and double ear infections.

Well he hasn't been sleeping well the last two nights (up at 4:30 am screaming with boogers isn't my idea of a peachy wake-up call) and he's been tugging on his ears.

I decide to be the good mommy and make a doctors appointment.

The verdict? He's absoltely fine. Not sick, just grumpy and stubborn and is getting his 2 year molars. A set of teeth I didn't know existed. Duh!

4 comments:

.::still blinking::. said...

One time I told a friend I consider a Grandma that Gentry had not been sleeping well. She replied, "I hope he is not sick." I am sure I rolled my eyes, the ones she could not see anyway.

A few days later I believe he had the hand foot mouth.

Harried Mom said...

I hear ya. Seems like when I do take them in right away it is nothing and I look like an idiot, but when I don't I then look like the worst parent in the world.

Unknown said...

Don't you just hate it when that happens? I swear 90% of the time I take my kids in to the Dr. they either are just fine or they are sick but the Dr. prescribes good ole TLC. It's all a guessing game anyway.

fivewoods said...

Your Christmas Postcard was cute!! Maybe Elliott ate something off his finger.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails