Thursday, December 11, 2008

Ode to a big iggy!

After dinner last Sunday, as we were all eating dessert, Haley's specialty Cherry Chip Cake with Cherry flavored icing, that nutty brother of mine made a suggestion. He suggested that the Monkey only be referred to by his REAL name, and not one of the various nicknames that he gets called on a daily basis.

This statement brought out the laughter in many around the table. You see my baby brother - who really isn't a baby but is my brother is the king of nicknames. Very rarely does anyone in the family every call him by his real name. Don't believe me? Here's the list of all the nicknames, some even self appointed, that my brother, will the thrill, is called on a semi-regular basis...from birth to now, almost 14 years later.

Willie
Will
Baby Huey
Big Iggy
Baby bwudor
Will the Thrill
Spartacus
Baby
Boo boo
(when playing basketball) "petersen, hit your free throws!"
Smedley
Smedley Edley
Cheryl
boy
the boy
Meow Meow Daniel Tiger
MeMe

I'm sure there are more so lets just call this the short list.

Regardless of what we call him though - he's a pretty cool cat. He loves being an uncle and doesn't mind having to hang out with his dumb old fart sister(s) most of the time, especially if we buy him food. And, he has nicknames for all of us, too. My mom: mother nature. My dad: Father Time. Me and my sister: Sisters in Zion. I've been asking for years to be "Sister Golden Hair" but have yet to have such a title bestowed upon me.

Last night we went to the the boy's Christmas choral concert and he did a great job. My brother is in mixed chorus. He is of course the tallest, and according to him, the only boy who isn't tone deaf. He's probably right. He was the best dressed and most handsome at last nights concert and did a spectacular job. I missed his fall concert because of food poisoning induced puking but the Monkey and I made it last night and had a very good time.





1 comment:

fivewoods said...

I couldn't tell if Willie's lips were moving - were they???? Cindy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails