Tuesday, December 16, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things....

I'm not a fan of raindrops on roses and am alergic to all things on kittens including whiskers. But, alas, here is a list of my wintertime loves...

...quiet and calm mornings when it feels like i'm the only person awake and the world is still...

...hot chocolate, cooked on the stove, with a little bit of vanilla ice cream in my mug to make it extra creamy...

...fudge, homemade peanut butter cups, sugar cookies with homemade icing...

...the crunch of snow when I run out to get the mail late at night...

...my monkey. he loves the snow, and snow covered trucks, and eating the snow, and sticking his hands in the snow and doing a fake shiver and saying "cooooollllldddd."

...sweaters and long winter coats...

...Red! Red wrapping, red poinesttias, red lights, red holly berries, red tissue paper.....everything is red this time of year and I love it...

...cuddling up as a little family to watch tv or a movie together. it seems like this is the only time of year we always congregate and migrate to the same spots and its always good...

...sending out, receiving, and taping christmas cards to my door...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails