Monday, December 29, 2008

The Christmas Round-up

I don't know if your like me, but it seems that the older I get, the more stuff I get for christmas. It's crazy, but I am so very grateful for all that I have - my blessings, my family, my friends, my faith. My little family and I really live a charmed life and we had a great holiday this year - and at least for me, it was in spite of myself.

Wonderful gifts were given and receivied and fun times spent with family. The Monkey made a killing and definitely has his grandparents wrapped around his little fingers.




As for Ross and myself? This year was interesting. Last year we decided that we didn't need to exchange gifts with each other and we didn't....it was great. No pressure, no extra dollars spent and we still had a wonderful holiday. This year though - we seem to have gone all out.

Ross got his new TV and a few odds and ends he'd requested and I just got for him. You know the type: underwear, sideburn trimmer, book light, new shirts for work, that sort of stuff. His TV was an excellent fireplace for us all day on christmas. It was fun.

Me on the other hand? I was very happy with the thought and effort that my husband put forth. How stupid does that sound? Ross did a great job and I love him for his kindness and generosity - especially in light of the temper tantrum I threw on Christmas Eve. All of the gifts he gave me were great, but I was shocked at how nice and beautiful my "something special" was.

He bought me a new ring - he had to tell me that it's a mens ring, but I don't care. It's very nice and I just love it. (the stones on the top are black sapphires and boy do they sparkle.)

4 comments:

Harried Mom said...

What a wonderful surprise, I'd have loved a ring, even if it was for a man. I had to settle for a sweater, again. Ah well, he'll learn sometime...

Codi said...

What fun pictures! Looks like Elliott got a shopping cart just like Lucy - all those plastic groceries are already turning up all over the house.

I love your fireplace tv! Post a ring picture so I can be jealous. I've wanted a right hand ring for a couple of years - lucky you!!

Codi said...

Oh it's so pretty - I love it!!

Erin @ Two More Seconds said...

That is an awesome looking ring. It looks knitted! SO pretty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails