Friday, December 05, 2008

Toddler Friday: Throwing his weight around

Yesterday we were at a store. At the store the boy was pretending to paint. He was being very good and one of the clerks asked me how old he was. I said, "almost 2...22 months". She looked at me in shock and said that he was a very big boy.

As his parent, I don't think of him as big - he's just my kid but I guess in reality - I do have a slow growing giant on my hands. Right now, he's 37 inches tall, which technically means he'll be 6 foot 1 when he's full grown. that's definitely not tall enough so we're going to keep stretching him out at night. The pediatrician says that with boys you double their 2.5 year old height and that's where they'll be full grown. So, we've got until the end of June 2009 to add a few more inches to his frame.

Here's the problem with that though - he's a skinny little squirt and we cannot seem to add the weight as fast as he's adding the height. He weighed 30.2 lbs at the doctor's office the other day. Last September when he was 8.5 months old he weighed 27 pounds. See where I'm going with this? I am going to be the parent of a super tall stick boy.

He eats - promise you. On Tuesday, not counting everything else, he ate three hot dogs. Disgusting, right? What little boy can our should be able to eat two in one sitting, but he did it. He ate the third as a bed time snack. Yuck!

Anyway, all the writing isn't the point - the point is a photo retrospective on the Monkey and his thinning out. Here you go - enjoy!

Elliott New Baby030
at birth = 7 lbs 12 0z. 10 days later when he came home from the hospital = 8 lb 4 oz.


happy


2 months old = 16 pounds

sitting up018
4 months old = 20 lbs

sweaty head
7-9 months old = 27 lbs

so cute
1 year old = 28 lbs

IMGP2963
22 month old eating, jumping, running machine = 30.2 lbs

1 comment:

japetersen said...

He's my boy, too --
Mom

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails