Tuesday, December 23, 2008

tis the season to be a bit more positive

today is better. Even though we were up from 3-6 am with the grumpy toofer we all ended up sleeping until 10 am. Crazy, right? But, can I tell you how wonderful and nice it is to wake up with the sun shining in your bedroom window - no snowflakes (yet anyway) and everyone happy. It was awesome. Even more awesome - our dad is home today and he and the monkey are gone running their errands and I'm about to go and do mine. Alone! By myself. Oh, so exciting.

That's not what I was going to write about though -in the spirit of the season I wanted to tell you about my hat project.

Knit hats 2008

I ended up, in two months, making 20 hats (and finishing two scarves). Yes, can you beleive it? 20 knit hats - on the big loom. I finished my last hat, last Wednesday and I've felt a bit empty handed since. Of the 20, I gave 4 away as gifts and kept two - one for me and one for the monkey - so that was 14 hats to add to the donation.

I've been told that we ended up with about 100 hats or so which is amazing when you consider all the hours of time that were put into each one. Talk about service! I love service.

The hats were donated to the Midvale Homeless Shelter - which feeds the Road Home shelter down town. It's so good to know that there are some individuals out there that will have warm heads, which considering the weather this week - doesn't come a moment too soon.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Bing Math said...

Way to go! I was going to give mine to you, too, but I guess I didn't. Oh well. I just have a few anyway.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails