Friday, November 23, 2007

10 Months

Holy cow kiddo! You are approaching the one year mark quickly and, like the previous 9 months, you've had some major milestones in the last 4 weeks.
Happy baby

1. You crawl. Well, you sort of do a peg-leg pirate army drag thing, but it gets you to where you want to be and that's all that's important. Maneuvering around has made a world of difference for you.

2. Sitting up from lying down has been a challenge but auntie Haley taught you how to do it a little over a week ago and you're now a machine. They best treat for you from learning this is you can now stand up in your crib without any help. Not only can you stand up, you can also eat your crib.
eating the crib
I hope there isn't too much lead in that paint.

3. Perhaps your greatest achievement this month will do down on record forever. Last Tuesday, November 13, 2007, you stopped drinking a bottle. Not just your night time or morning bottle, but bottles all together. Apparently, you are a big boy now and you don't need formula. It's straight up milk and 3 squares a day. Feeding you food has been a bit tricky, at least trying to figure out what to feed you has been- you eat everything. Your current favorites include: apples, grapes, ham, swiss cheese, toast w/ peanut butter or a little bit of regular butter, any kind of bread, Dora the Explorer yogurt, cheerios, and mashed potatoes. Just wait until you can drink chocolate milk. You'll think that you've died and gone to heaven.

4. You got your third haircut the other day, but your first "big boy" haircut and you just look so handsome.
new hair cut
I made grandma cut it super short and it becomes you. You did a great job while you were getting buzzed and didn't cry until the very end. And, your new "do" makes your eye lashes look so long.

5. You are becoming an exceptional mimic and are getting very good at recognizing people. It's so funny to listen to you copy the sounds we make and the actions you see. You've even figured out that a phone goes to your ear and when you put it up to your ear, you make a sound that sounds a lot like "hello".

I am so happy that you are my little boy. Every day I get to spend with you is the best day. I wish you would sleep better at night, but we're working on that. I love to hear you laugh, and watch the funny faces you pull when I tickle you.

Not drinking a bottle has caused your dad and I some grief in the last week or so but I look at it in a positive light. Now that you don't drink a bottle to help you go to sleep, you need, dare I say want, me to rock you to sleep. Being able to sit in the rocking chair with you on my lap, watching you doze off with your blanket over your face is just about the absolute best thing in the whole world.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And, what a great ten months it has been! I am so glad my little grandson is here. I am excited for more (when and if they come). Grandmotherhood is just about as great as being a "mom". It's just that the little one makes my heart melt more quickly. You and Ross are excellent parents.
Mom

Harried Mom said...

So beautiful and sweet Annie, your eloquence when speaking about your little guy brings me to tears. Tiffany

.::still blinking::. said...

he is so pretty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails