Saturday, November 17, 2007

The nerd in all of us

Willie is a special boy. He is a good son, a good brother, and a good uncle. He has a funny sense of humor, and is much smarter than most boys his age.

Elliott and I hang out with Uncle Willie most Friday's after school. We look forward to it all week. Sometimes, we bring treats on our way out. We did that yesterday and the phone call was typical Willie.

Willie: Meow
Annie: Hi Willie
W: Meow, meow
A: How are you?
W: Meow, meow, meow
A: Would the kitty like a corn dog from Ab's?
W: Meo...YES!
A: Wow! I didn't know the kitty spoke English.
W: I just got it learned to me.

I knew the afternoon was going to be interesting, especially since the kitty, I mean Willie, inhaled his corn dog before I even got my onion rings out of the bag. We played, watched stupid cartoons and then dad called. He locked his keys in the truck at the gas station. I went to rescue him and Uncle Willie accepted his familial duty - he let me leave Elliott with him. The two of them alone. I was only gone 5 minutes, but I was so impressed.

Once dad got home it was time for the boys to get ready for scout camp. Since Willie couldn't find another pair of jean, he found some shorts and put them on. Then, he found his brand new basketball shorts and put them on. Add a pair of glasses and you've got quite the stunner.

Willie will be 13 years old at the end of December. I can't believe my "baby bwoder" will be 13. He's grown three inches since the end of August. He's almost 5'10". He's such a soft, cuddly teddy bear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What? he's so weird. - Haley

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails