Thursday, November 15, 2007

just some thoughts to brighten your day

I'm sick. I have been since Saturday and it's not getting any better. Not sure what's wrong with me, but I needed some help so last night and after much whining, convinced Ross to stay home today to take care of me and the monkey. Soldiering on...

My neighbor rents his above garage studio apartment to a crazy old man who may have once been a pirate. He is definitely a pack rat with two cars full of junk, but I really think he may have been a professional pirate at some point. He just gives off a vibe of once living every day with a parrot on his shoulder and he has a distinct limp. If he was not a pirate, he is for sure a "sidler" and a "close talker". There have been many ocassions where I've been walking to the mailbox or unloading the car in the garage and he's just appeared out of no where to talk to me about cars, or how far I walk in a day, or to volunteer to dust my car with his giant duster. Yesterday, as I was contemplating going to get the mail I didn't. The pirate was out dusting both of his cars. I waited until later to get the mail.

I was introduced to this girl, Tina, on YouTube through PerezHilton. She is a superstar! I love her. She makes me laugh. She loves the backstreet boys. I'm not ashamed to admit that many years ago, I too was a fan of the BSB's. I loved Kevin. Yes, I was 20 years old. So what! Once a fan of boy bands (NKOTB) always a fan of boy bands, right? Anyway, Tina loves the BSB's too. I'm not sure I can sing as good as her, but she put a smile on my face.


A long time ago, when Eddie Murphy was on Saturday night live, he did a skit where he dressed up in "white face" to show what it was like to be a white person in America. Hilarious! Well, I know a guy who lives in my neighborhood who looks like Eddie Murphy painted white. Every time I see this person, I think of this skit and struggle to keep from laughing. And, lucky for you, the internet has it on file. Enjoy.

2 comments:

japetersen said...

Very weird blog posting -- I know you are not feeling well.
Mom

Unknown said...

ok so i totally remember your "kevin" phase......SO FUNNY!

this girl has guts.....maybe we will see her on american idol or something. maybe she and william hung can start a duo or something. they seem to have similar dance moves.

the saddest thing is that you were on the perez hilton site. EW.

gotta love eddie murphy anytime of day, anytime of year. he's classic....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails