Sunday, November 04, 2007

Sweedish Disneyland


IKEA Panda, originally uploaded by bookemdano1978.

Me thinks that the best thing to happen to the SLC valley in a long time is the opening of IKEA. Yes, the stuff is cheap and yes, the store is a bit overwhelming with all its "lands (office land, bedroom land, kitchen land, etc.) and yes....oh, whatever! It's like the Old Navy of furniture and household supplies. Whenever I need an article of clothing cheap and fast, I can get it at the ON in a hurry. And whenever I need furniture fast, or some fun bag clips, off to IKEA I go. It doesn't hurt that the place is just a hop, skip, and a jump from my house, either.

We made our second huge IKEA run yesterday and did very well for ourselves. We just got our living room carpet cleaned on Thursday and decided that in order to prevent future wear, we needed a good sized area rug. Where to go? Hmmm? IKEA. Even if there wasn't a rug we would fall in love with, there would be a rug with the right price tag.

We left the store with three rugs, a gift card, holiday wrapping paper, a few other items and a Christmas present for Elliott. On our way to check-out, there were bins full of wonderful (and soft) stuffed animals. A veritable menagerie of zoo animals just staring at us. Never one to pass up a stuffed animal, and a $9.99 stuffed animal at that, I decided that Elliott would appreciate the panda bear most of all. I prefer polar bears myself, but they were on the other side of the aisle and I couldn't reach.

We got home and set Elliott on the floor with his new friend. It was love at first sight. He ooh-ed and ah-ed at the soft and cuddly bear, gave it kisses and pulled it close for hugs. It kept him entertained while we set out the new rug and put all the furniture back.

To make myself feel less guilty about spending money on a dumb stuffed animal, even though the monkey loves his bear, I've put it away into the Christmas gift box and he can have it on the big day. That's a beautiful thing about babies. Elliott loves the panda now, has already forgotten about it, and he'll love it again on Christmas morning.

2 comments:

.::still blinking::. said...

Gentry went through a panda phase. We loved it, they are super cute.

Harried Mom said...

I loved the picture. We were at the zoo yesterday and Bailey had s similar look on her face while looking at the baby Colubus monkey. I'm really excited as I just found some long lost pictures from this time last year in Virginia, I can't wait to load them in for everyone to see!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails