Friday, November 09, 2007

If you want to destroy my sweater...

...pull this thread as I walk away! Do you ever have one of those days? Those days where nothing goes right, your achy, grumpy, tired, life is sucking your will to live and you feel like you are barely keeping your head above water and your comfy sweater of life is slowly unraveling? Has that day ever turned into a week?

Mine did! Some voices have been raised (mine) and some tears have been shed (mine, also) but the weekend is so close I can taste it. It tastes good.

For no particular reason, this week has been a 10 on the suck-i-tude scale and I am so happy that it is over, I can hardly stand it. This morning as Ross was getting ready to leave for work I asked him if he would take a sick day - for me. He said no. Bummer. He did let me know though that he's using all his vacation days for the year (like we went on vacation this year! ha!) during the weeks of Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'll take it. He's going to make me work my butt off doing home improvement projects but I'll gladly tile and paint just to have another adult in the house to help with the monkey. Elliott hasn't flung poo at me, like monkey's tend to do, but I think he's been close.

In addition to being frantic in life, work, cub scouts, ceiling repairs, holiday prep, stuffy noses, upset stomachs, baby puke, burning paper, etc. Ross gave me an assignment to tape Elliott doing all his tricks. Yeah, right. Like I don't have anything else to do! Like the kid does his tricks when a camera is on! So, not only have I been trying to do everything else this week, I've been following my poor baby around with a stupid camera to catch him in action. It hasn't gone well. He wants to eat the camera, not do tricks for it.

However, I did get one gem this week. Pay close attention to the "aaahhhh" after the drink. We've been working on that one for a month or more.



And, what is good for fixing a bad week? A really good dinner on Friday night. Tonight, we're celebrating dad's birthday with a family dinner at Robintino's. I love that place and haven't been since my parents took me last October when Ross was out of town and I asked them to take me there (how's that for a run-on sentence?). It's a wonderful family haunt that we've been going to since I was a kid. I'm so excited for bread sticks, pepperoni and sausage pizza, brown colored glass, dinky little candles on the table, watching my brother inhale his food. It's all good and I'm happy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails