Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The stories time tells

Watches are my passion. Swatch watches are my favorite. Every watch I own tells a story about me and my life. Let me share a few with you.

High School Graduation
My parents gave me this watch when I graduated from high school. They also gave me a plaid jacket from the GAP. I've been wearing this watch since 1996. It's a little scratched, but still unique and important to me. The day after I graduated from high school, we went to Disneyland. I wore my watch and my plaid jacket on that trip. I think of my parents every time I wear this watch.

switzerland
The first time I went to Europe was in 1998. I went with my sister, my uncle and my very pregnant aunt who got sick on every single train we went on and in Switzerland, there are a lot of trains. You'd think that I would have bought an official Swiss Army watch on that trip but no. As we were traversing the streets of Geneva, I ventured into a swatch store and picked up this trusty time piece. I've worn it almost every day since. The face glows in the dark and it has a blue back light. Swatch used to sell this watch face in stores in the states, but you could only get the cool stretchy band in Europe. How cool is that?

chain mail
I bought this watch for myself when I was a teacher a long time ago. I happened to be dating this dumb boy and he was working in California during the week. When he went to California for the first time, I thought he should have bought me a going away present. I bought him a good luck item (a barenaked ladies cd) and thought he should have given me something in return. He didn't so I went out the next day and bought this watch. My own going away present. It's a swatch, too.

I love you, too
This watch? It's a little worn from all the wear, but it says "I love you". Ross gave it to me the night before we got married. I gave him a gift too, a swatch watch. He ruined it on our honeymoon (we fixed it later). I've worn this watch for 4.5 years and every time I do, I think of the person who gave it to me and *sigh* a little. What a nice boy.

From haley
The beauty that is this watch. I get more compliments when I wear this one than any other watch I've got. Haley gave it to me as a "bridesmaid" gift when she got married this past March. Both my sister and I love watches and the gift was a return favor. I gave her a Swatch when I got married to thank her for standing in my line and being a good sister.

The only "jewelry" I wear are watches...and my wedding ring when I remember to put it on. I love that each watch I own, has a sentimental connection and that each one reminds me of an important person and time in my life. It's wonderful to carry a little piece of family and love with you everyday.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

super cool......

man i never have anything noteworthy to comment......i just want to say i enjoyed this post...

jenny said...

what a cool post! i want a beautiful watch now (it's on my wish list this year). :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails