Wednesday, November 19, 2008

For a rip off, it tasted pretty darn good

Last night we went to Chadders. A new one just opened up by my parents house.

Chadders started in American Fork UT (I think) as a direct rip-off of my beloved In-n-Out burger. The place is such a rip off that In-n-Out has actually sued them.

Regardless, we are burger and fry lovers and decided to give the place a go.

And...it's like an 80% duplicate. The fries were perfect (even with fry sauce) - the burgers okay. Ross was disappointed that they copy cat didn't put pickles on their burger and I was extremely disappointed in the bun. It wasn't toasty enough and by the last bit of my burger, the bun was a bit soggy and there wasn't any burger left.

We didn't use the code words - before "animal style" could come out of our mouths the girl taking our order asked us if we wanted grilled or raw onions. The grilled onions were even the same as In-n-Out - small little onion squares.

Copy cat or no, I'm sure we'll be going back fora quick burger and fries...it's not quite the original, but by golly, when the original isn't around, I guess we'll cheat and go to the fake.

2 comments:

Erin @ Two More Seconds said...

Definitely sisters in another life! I've been meaning to try this place, but I don't just get to American Fork that often. The new one isn't too terribly far away, though, we'll have to try it soon!

Craig said...

so... the chadders' founder writes this on their site:
"I remember when I was a kid in Southern California my parents would take us kids to McDonald’s every Saturday after our little league baseball games. We would stand by the window and watch them make fresh cut fries from whole potatoes, while we waited for our food to be cooked. The menu was very simple and the only choices we had were a Single or Double and cheese or no cheese. But it didn’t matter to us because we knew exactly what we wanted before we ever gotten there. And I would always finish my lunch off with a Strawberry shake. And I want my kids to have those same memories as I did growing up."
who is he trying to kid? MCDONALDS!!! with fresh fries? simple menu? single vs double?
wow. what was he thinking?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails