Thursday, November 27, 2008

A lot to be thankful for...

Today was a good day. It's nice to have these kind of days. Days where our dad is home, we all sleep in, and just get to hang out with all our family.

There is so much to be thankful for all the time, but today is one of those days where you are supposed to be extra grateful, right? I am. We are.

We are thankful for our family, our home, our community, our jobs, our savings accoutn, our sense of humor, our built in 2 year old entertainment and so much more.

We are thankful that we are surrounded with family and friends who love us and want to be parts of our lives and help take care of us when we need it.

We are thankful for grandparents and posterity and ancestors and the legacy's that generations past have left us.

I am thankful that I got to prepare some dishes for Thanksgiving today. It made me feel good to contribute and help out.

I am thankful that my brother is an almost 14 year old giant. It's good to know that I'm not the biggest member of the family and even though he's not quite as tall as me, at least his feet are much, much bigger. A 47.5 in european sizing in fact (that's a 13 for those of you that aren't up on your euro shoe sizes).
DSCN1830

DSCN1833

I am thankful for good lip gloss and hair cuts and tall jeans and funny little boys. Also thankful for warm weather so I don't have to wear socks. I am thankful for books and learning and truth and honesty and integrity and justice when I find it.

I am thankful for my husband who several times today told me that "I won the lottery" when I met and married him. I suppose he's right, but i'd say he won the lottery, too. And, if for no other reason (but there are many more, promise) I am thankful for him, because he helped me to get my sweet baby boy - who never ceases to amuse and entertain and give me kisses.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails