Saturday, November 08, 2008

Saying Goodbye

My grandma's funeral was today. The viewing last night. I thought that I was done crying until I had to stand up and talk. Composure was an ellusive friend but I made it through. We all made it through - strong and poised and together as one big extended family. We all probably cried more than expected, but with such beautiful words, fun memories, and amazing music it just couldn't be helped.

My Grandma is so happy right now. Knowing that seems to make everything just a bit better. Today i got to meet family I hardly know and friends of my grandma's whom loved her dearly. I shook some of the softest elderly hands I've ever touched, and received some of the sweetest hugs I'll ever let anyone give me.

Sitting in my quiet home now, I finally feel a peace that I haven't felt for days. Hopefully we'll all sleep well tonight and hopefully we'll continue to be the close knit family that we've always been.

I am grateful for my family who is always hungry and ready for a burger - no matter the time or the circumstance, we do as we have always done.
DSCN1786



I am grateful to my sweet little cousins Jacey and Max for taking such good care of my Monkey these last two days. He loves you both and wants you to move in and play with him every day.


I am grateful for the kindness and generosity of others. I've never seen such beautiful flowers in all my life - and am so pleased I got to bring this arrangement home. It's as big as my kitchen table.


I am grateful for a mom and a sister who are so much like me - yet were so different at the same time. And, our love of patent leather.


I am grateful that I married a good man who watched a grumpy baby while I talked and cried. For his support and love - and for a good little monkey who just amazes me every day...and sometimes eats his cake like a puppy.

1 comment:

Codi said...

Annie,
So beautiful. I only wish I could have heard you speak today. You are such a wonderful person and a great friend. You make me laugh in so many of your posts but this one made me cry.

love you.

give Elliott a snuggle from Lucy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails