Monday, November 10, 2008

Home before dark? I'll let you know

See that guy in the picture? The one with the super adorable little boy on his shoulders?


Yeah, that one. I'm married to him and like, 97% of the time that's a good thing.

That guy though, the one I married almost 6 years ago - he has a girlfriend...

No it's not what you think. His girlfriend is his job. Let's call her boart. Sometimes it feels that he lives in his cubicle like George Costanza did on that one episode of Seinfeld where he'd hide and sleep under his desk.

Well, the two of us argue all the time about how much he works, and what a real 8 hour work day is. You see I think that if you leave the house at 7 am and don't get home until 6:30 - even with a longish commute - that's more than 8 hours. Somehow - he always disagrees with my math. Whatever.

Regardless - today is the day he has promised me all that will change. There is no longer a 45 min. commute as an excuse. Ross' offices moved buildings today to a location that - even on a bad day - is 13 minutes from our front door.

Wonderful, right?

I hope so.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Justin's never had a very long commute, which has been nice. Even when we moved him from our main level to the basement. Although... I do see less of him these days!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails