Monday, November 24, 2008

Help! I need something new to listen to...

Okay - so I'm not a real music hound, never have been, but I like what I like...

That however, seems to be the problem right now. I am in a music rut. A recent overhaul of my itunes and a raid of the CD's in the basement has left me desperate for some new tunes to listen to.

I need suggestions for new music - but not just anything crazy, funky, groovy or cool..or even stuff that is played on the radio. That's not really my style. Je prefere mellow calm background music. Nothing fanciful or religious or completely instrumental, just calm and happy and peaceful sort of stuff.

Here's a short list (no particular order) of what I already listen to every day on shuffle. If you have a suggestion that fits this vibe please send it my way.

Guster
Sting/Police
James Taylor (young, not old)
Iron and Wine
Death Cab for Cutie
Glen Hansard
The Shins
Belle and Sebastian
Pete Yorn
The Weepies
The Beatles (covers of Beatles songs)
The Beach Boys
Nickel Creek
Peter Bjorn and John

Now is your chance to offer suggestions. Please help!

3 comments:

Staples said...

uh....
CLAY AIKEN
HANNAH MONTANA
JONAS BROTHERS
SCHOOL OF ROCK
UTAH FIGHT SONG
DISNEY SONGS

Harried Mom said...

I know that this is so old school, but I have two suggestions. As we like a number of the same artists you might try these: Simon and Garfunkle; Peter, Paul and Mary (I've met them in person, amazing); and lastly the Kinks. I'm too embarrassed to share some of my other choices, but I feel comfortable recommending these!

.::still blinking::. said...

Sia
Josh Radin
These are super mellow, I don't really know if that is what you are into. They are pretty new to me, but I really like them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails